Financial Analyst - Consumer OE/Replacement
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The financial analyst for Consumer OE/Replacement is responsible for reporting, budgeting, providing strategic analysis for the division. This role will work with sales and marketing leadership to serve as a liaison for operational finance and senior finance leadership by becoming an integrated and trusted business partner. This role will report to the Consumer OE/Replacement Finance Director.
1) Work closely with senior leadership within Consumer Replacement and OE to provide financial results for both actual, forecasts and budgets.
2) Communicate financial analysis and results effectively to management within Consumer with the ability to influence decision making.
3) Provide leadership, think strategically, and possess strong analytical capability.
4) Partner with leadership in both business and process improvements.
5) Proactively manage income statement and balance sheet for Consumer OE/Replacement.
6) Work alongside shared services.
7) Produce and/or present presentation materials for Executive Consumer and Finance leadership.
1) Bachelors degree in Business/Finance or 6-10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
2) Analytical- the ability to digest and understand large amounts of complex or diverse information
3) Self directed - the ability to manage work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple competing projects
4) Strategic thinking – displays original thinking and creativity
5) Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions
6) Adaptability – adapts to changes in work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation
Masters Degree or MBA
Strong Excel/Access skills; knowledge of SAP and BIBW a plus
Possesses a basic understanding of GAAP accounting principles
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top