Field Technical Representative
At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on the sepcific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
The Field Technical Representative (FTR) position is a full time assignment responsible for conducting field technical operations in a defined geographic area to meet company business objectives mainly in the areas of technical customer support, installation inspection, product quality, contractor trainings, sales support, and long-term warranty liability. An FTR is the face of both Firestone and GenFlex to most customers and as such, must present themselves in the most professional manner possible and put forth extra effort to establish and maintain positive relationships with customers (current AND potential).
- Evaluate the in progress and completed work of the approved applicators to ensure our products warrant ability
- Evaluation all of our systems (Metal, TPO, EPDM, APP, SBS, Photo Voltaic, and Garden Roofing Systems)
- Assist roofing contractor, building owner and sales representatives, to resolve normal installation problems
- Provide roof top trainings and interim inspections to prevent and resolve potential installation problems
- Provide in-depth training, on all roof systems installations for newly authorized contractors, existing contractors, sales representatives, distributors, building owners, and FSBP teammates
- Other job duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or related field and a minimum of 5 years field construction experience
High school diploma and a minimum of 10 years construction experience in a foreman or superintendent role
Back to top