At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on the specific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
The Firestone Building Products, Corsicana, TX plant is looking for a 2nd shift Extruder Operator. The pay rate for this position is $19.19 an hour plus a $1.00 shift differential.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for:
- Practice safe behaviors at all times in every area of operation
- Serve as key operator for a polyiso board manufacturing line
- Responsible for equipment setup and safe operation to meet finished product specifications and targets for quality, efficiency, utilization and scrap reduction
- Troubleshoot and correct process and equipment operating problems
- inspect and recognize defective product and make machine adjustments to correct cause of defects.
- Work collaboratively with maintenance, quality control, and management to optimally run this production line to capacity
- Participate in activities to continually improve plant safety and quality performance
- Serve as backup supervisor when the supervisor is absent or away from the line
- Completes appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for production run time, machine time, and production quantities produced during the shift.
- Leads team housekeeping and 5S efforts
�Prior work history that includes the following:
- Safe behavior as #1 priority
- Excellent attendance
- Supportive and collaborative team player in every respect
- Experience operating process machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Working with teams to improve manufacturing process performance
- Proactive engagement in continuous improvement projects
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team toward achieving goals
- Executing innovative solutions for production issues.
- Providing support and guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Ability to write and follow written standards and train others to the standards.
- Observing all housekeeping, 5-S standard work, and safety guidelines.
- Mechanical aptitude, demonstrated problem solving skills and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated above average computer skills and use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent basic math skills
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively.
- Able to stand, sit, and/or walk a majority of the shift.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
• We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
• We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
• Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top