Engineer (Materials Development)
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This position will work in meeting or exceeding the needs of the Boss through development of new technology for Consumer and Commercial tire compounds and meeting the needs of business partner groups on time and on schedule. The ideal candidate will be energetic, have a creative and innovative mindset and have demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a challenging environment. Candidate will have created new solutions and methods to existing problems.
- Execute material compounding projects to meet compound technology roadmap commitments on time and on schedule
- Develop new compounding strategies based on new raw material application “rule sets"
- Development of unique or first time use in BATO technologies/ transfers from others poles
- Attend external industry conferences
- Independent contributor engineer, serving as a key contributor and/or leading projects in their area(s) of expertise
- Establishes a plan to meet customer requirements for a new or changed product, process, system or technology, to be reviewed by management
- Creates/revises specifications/standards based on data and/or process changes
- Uses latest tools to perform value-added modeling and engineering analysis, draw conclusions from the data and execute forward actions
- Fully capable engineer producing work independently in their area(s) of expertise. Provides technical coaching and guidance to more junior staff, helping to develop their skills
- Receives instruction on specific objectives, and direction only on unconventional and/or non-standard problems
- Makes technical and design related decisions focused on achieving project and/or customer goals
- Communicates technical information effectively to colleagues, customers, etc.
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related Technical degree plus 4 years or Master's degree plus 2 years of experience in related field
Experience in compound development or product formulation
Back to top