Engineer - Core Material (ENGR II-ENGR IV)
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This position will work in meeting or exceeding the needs of the Boss by being the Materials Engineer on the Consumer Tire Development teams for a given product area. The ideal candidate will be energetic, work well in a team, demonstrate a sense of urgency and preferably have experience in the DMAIC process. Candidate will have introduced improvements to processes, operations, or practices and created new solutions and methods to existing problems.
- Lead product design team material application selection (meet program needs and align to commonality and strategic material plans)
- Perform ProBuild Tread Verification analyses to understand build quality- use results to identify material property trends and opportunities for improvement
- Execute compound property improvement activities (mixing master/ formula adjustments)
- Apply compound modification/ raw material “rule sets" for ingredient changes to meet SCL and material rationalization initiatives
- Explore new compound TMA outlets while protecting original design expectations
- Primary approval window for design system materials approval and plant production formulas
- Material leads for product benchmarking
- ProBuild and OE dashboard raw material and reinforcement forecasting reports for Procurement
- Primary window with Manufacturing (PED/ PSD) for Materials questions
Required: Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related Technical degree plus 2 years' experience in related field.
Preferred: 5-7 years' experience in Compound and/or raw material development, Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
Back to top