Electrical Project Engineer - Curing & Final
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This position supports manufacturing operations in the Doping, Curing, Final, Tire Test, and Warehouse departments throughout the Americas.
This position will be responsible for the design, installation, and continuous improvement of machine controls to maximize safety, quality,
and operating efficiency across our tire manufacturing facilities. Strong project management and PLC programming skills are required. Strong
project management and PLC programming skills are required. Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs, HMIs, VFDs and power distribution
equipment is desired. This position is also responsible to support maintenance as needed. The capital project responsibility range from
$100K to $5M.
1. Responsible for electrical expertise in single/multiple areas of the plant.
2. Manage major projects such as new machine installation, upgrades, etc.
3. Lead continuous improvement and corrective action activities & projects.
4. Analyze project requirements, identify and address design parameters, engineering challenges and ensure solutions are implemented accurately, timely and
5. Create and finalize designs to meet project scope of work and safety requirements, Bill of Materials and spare part requirements.
6. Work closely with Automation Vendors and Manage External Contractors on Installations.
7. Hardware design, PLC and HMI programming, VFDs, Control System Networking & Systems integration.
8. Machine commissioning, start up, and check-out.
9. Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure on-time delivery of projects, meeting quality standards and within budget.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related degree) & 5+ years related job experience.
2. Strong fundamental knowledge of industrial controls and electrical systems.
3. Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
4. Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
5. Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment.
1. Experience in writing/developing/programming PLCs and controls design
2. Experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation of VFDs and D/C drives including Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and General Electric
3. Working knowledge of Ethernet IP communications, power distribution equipment including sizing transformers, electrical feeders, and distribution gear for
equipment loads from 120 up to 13,800 volts.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top