Director of Quality-Building & Industrial Products
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Experienced Managerial role that combines deep professional expertise with knowledge of the business to provide in-depth insights and deliver high impact changes that enhance process and product quality throughout the product life cycle specific to Industrial Products / Building Products. This role manages and has ownership for complex products, projects, and/or processes that deliver comprehensive and proactive strategic QA support to a larger unit/business and ensure customer satisfaction though continuous improvement.
- Develops and drives a high impact continuous improvement strategy to improve process and product efficiency and quality (especially in high risk areas of the business)
- Engages with management, senior leaders, and executives across other disciplines like manufacturing, engineering, legal, suppliers, customer’s development, supply chain and corporate to define and agree upon multi-year quality management system roadmap for continuous improvement.
- Manages larger cross functional quality management initiatives and supports multi-unit product development teams in delivering quality standards across new and existing products and services
- Develops and executes the annual quality plan for a larger/more complex unit/business to ensure that process controls, testing systems and audit/review systems are delivering desired KPI’s to ensure competitive product quality
- Focuses on high impact continuous improvement initiatives to improve process and product efficiency and quality (especially in high risk areas of the business)
- Plays a key role in advising management on quality standards/processes and sets quality objectives for the IP/BP.
- Consults with management, senior leaders, and executives across other disciplines like manufacturing, engineering, legal, suppliers, customer’s development, supply chain and corporate to define and agree upon technical needs, product specifications and tolerance levels, and competitiveness
- Leads complex analyses of quality issues/constraints across manufacturing processes, determining appropriate test points for quality inspections and acceptable quality levels as per customer requirements
- Implements quality programs like ISO 9001, TSG16949 in larger, more complex units, monitors compliance against defined standards and ensures implementation of appropriate corrective actions to resolve quality issues as required
- Provides education on quality tools (Six Sigma). Leads large scale process change and training interventions in quality systems and standards to ensure effective implementation of quality measures across the product life cycle
- Manages a medium sized team of quality engineers, specialists and technicians and guides the team in achievement of defined quality objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree and 11+ years of relevant experience or an advanced degree
- Expert knowledge of quality systems, testing techniques and processes in use
- Expert knowledge of quality standards, control systems, and data and analysis systems to facilitate data driven decisions
- Expert knowledge of IQS, QMS systems and tools across a series of production processes and the interface with other functions like maintenance and supply chain/logistics
- Thorough knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN and root cause analysis tools used for identifying and correcting deviations
- Expert understanding of industry practices in quality and Bridgestone Americas quality policies, procedures and standards
- Expert understanding of product life cycle of current product range, current performance of products and competitive position
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to senior leaders on overall plans and implements these for complex/high impact projects
- Thorough knowledge of ISO9001and IATF 16949
Back to top