Director of Collections
Credit First National Association is a private label credit card bank and the consumer credit division of Bridgestone Americas. The Bridgestone Americas family of enterprises, including CFNA, is comprised of more than 50 production facilities and 55K employees throughout the Americas. We provide the consumer credit solution for the Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, and Wheel Works brands, in addition to customized retail credit services for more than 8,000 other tire and automotive retailers nationwide. With competitive interest rates, generous credit limits, and promotional financing, our 4.6 million cardholders enjoy greater purchasing power and financial peace of mind.
At our office in Cleveland, OH, more than 300 professionals gather each day to run a successful private label credit card program. We invest in our community and strongly believe that meaningful commitment to a wide variety of philanthropic organizations builds a better world and a brand that makes us proud.
The Director of Collection will be responsible to define and develop the vision and strategy for the Collections Department, including all touch points throughout CFNA and outside partners. The Director will lead, motivate and mentor the collection team to improve internal collection efforts and maintain customer loyalty. This position will be focused on creating a positive and professional environment where delinquent account holders view the collection team as knowledgeable, helpful and a solution provider. Additionally, this role will continually define, develop and execute innovative and new solutions that improve CFNA’s overall processes. The Director of Collections will keep an eye on the big picture, connect directly with account holders and agencies through various touch points that will improve the collection strategies and maintain a high level of brand acceptance. The position will strengthen teammates by improved recruiting, selection, orientation, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maximize cash collections, and maintain an acceptable level of bad debt losses
- Develop and maintain productive work teams and provide ongoing performance management.
- Approve the selection, monitoring and evaluation of nationwide network of outside collection agencies and attorneys to ensure maximum recoveries are achieved while maintaining a compliant environment
- Ensures all applicable laws and statutory requirements are followed and adhered to pertaining to credit, collections and reporting. Resolve complex credit and receivables situations
- Oversee and monitor audit routines and functions to ensure compliance and provide training as necessary
- Play a critical role in collection transformation including evaluating current processes and implementing changes to optimize recoveries
- Work with senior management to formulate and interpret policies, set goals, and create ways to increase overall productivity
- Establish and support policies that foster earnings growth, enhance customer satisfaction, and safeguard the investment of the accounts receivable portfolio
- Identify opportunities to improve service and processes through continuous improvement (CI) efforts.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance departments regarding bankruptcy proceedings, counter-suit litigation and contract negotiations
- 4 year degree (Masters preferred) in Business, Finance or related field and 10+ years management experience
- Experience building and managing a collection center
- 2 years’ Experience in Consumer Collection
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in prior role(s).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets time commitments/completes projects when promised.
- Ability to multi task and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to direct, lead, and motivate in a team environment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong problem solving skills and numeric aptitude
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of collection strategies
Experience with business, budgeting and strategy
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top