GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Safely prepare and complete deliveries to assigned customer locations.
TRUCK DRIVING (Deliveries) – (100%):
- Assist in loading of tires using crane boom mounted on tractor or forklift.
- Secure tires using log chains.
- Drive tractor and trailer loaded with tires to assigned customer locations.
- If requested by customer, unload tires using crane boom and forklift.
- Complete delivery paperwork indicating date of tire delivery and quantity.
- Respond to customer concerns and questions. Contact Warehouse Manager if customer request additional sales.
- Complete required DOT daily log of mileage.
- Keep tractor and trailer clean.
- Any other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Awareness safe working and driving practices. Must be alert to highway dangers, knowledgeable of delivery area.
- May lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis when loading or unloading tires. 100 pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
- Must prepare DOT required logs and customer documentation.
- Operation of forklift truck, overhead crane, tractor trailers.
- Daily customer contact and product sales opportunity.
- Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations,
- Requires sitting and driving for long periods of time.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Adhere to DOT guidelines and perform job in a safe manner.
- Time table to meet DOT mileage requirements.
Back to top