Customer Master Data Lead - Project EVEREST
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Customer Master Data Lead sets the Master Data foundation for Bridgestone Americas' (BSAM) enterprise data in a new ERP system specific to the CUSTOMER.
The central point of contact on the ERP project to establish data protocols and policies, resolve foundational, definition-related data issues. Tthe Data Domain Lead is accountable for driving the enterprise to one set of data standards for the Customer Master.
The role is responsible for ERP project deliverables and timelines. Upon project completion, handover of work to a Master Data Lead within Shared Services for ongoing maintenance of the Customer Master Data environment.
- Develop and define enterprise-wide data policies and standards for Customer data.
- Drive data decisions and activities for Customer Data.
- Collaborate with Americas Process Owners (APO's) to identify and understand data needs and requirements to enable standardization across BSAM's entities and regions
- Enable the enterprise master data strategy and manage data as a strategic asset
- Coordinate master data functions across all lines of business
- Promote a data-driven culture across the enterprise
- Build and monitor data quality, KPI and data governance scorecards and implement continuous improvement opportunities based on those results
- Work cross-functionally with other data domain leads to ensure data strategies are consistently applied
- Guide the analysis and discussion of issues facing the ERP program with respect to data governance
- Ensure teamwork across data domains, business units, stakeholders and support organizations
- Deliver ERP program domain data strategy and objectives
- Define data policies, rules, and standards and facilitate routine reviews
- Ensure the team is utilizing data best practices
- Collaborate closely with the Data Governance organization
- Work closely with IT and business counterparts through the ERP program to ensure timely resolution of key decision through the ERP program
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years' progressive experience in Data, Finance, or related field.
- Strong understanding of business objectives
- Proven experience managing or developing teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong knowledge of information management, data quality & governance frameworks
- Strong understanding of external data trends and industry requirements
- Understanding of standard data governance, data management, metadata management, and automation tools
- Strong change agent; effective communicator
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts
- Experience successfully working with and influencing resistance to change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Clear process improvement focus, systematic and organized.
- Strong analytical skills: able to analyze problems and devise viable solutions.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred
- SAP experience preferred
Back to top