Corporate Auditor IV
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Corporate Auditor is responsible for Operational, Financial, and Compliance audits covering: Security, Inventory Management, and Functional Areas of the Bridgestone Americas Business units. Controls are reviewed during audits and at times in accordance with compliance of the Japanese Sarbanes Oxley law of all systems utilized by the company and any other risks as designated by management. This individual will utilize audit procedures to perform effective, independent and objective audits identifying risks, vulnerabilities, weaknesses, etc. and recommend corrective and preventative actions. This role also serves as Audit Lead over 2-3 Member audit teams for designated projects.
Perform on-site financial operational audits of departments, divisions, subsidiaries, domestic and foreign manufacturing plants, foreign sales branches, affiliates, licensees and other company-owned or associated facilities.
- Verify accounting records are accurate and factual and that the company's best practices are safeguarded.
- Perform report writing that address key issues noted during audit.
- Develop recommendations for cost reduction, profit generation and operational efficiency improvements
- Lead audits and project of 2-3 member audit teams
- Position will require significant travel (50%-75%)
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Engineering or other related discipline with 10+ years of practical work experience in public accounting or in the accounting/finance areas of business enterprise
- OR Masters Degree with 6+ years of practical work experience in public accounting or in the accounting/finance areas of business enterprise
- CMA, CPA, or CIA certifications
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese helpful but not required
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of accounting best practices
- Strong computer skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Ability to learn industry standards
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
Back to top