Compensation, Time, and Attendance Lead
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Compensation, Time, and Attendance Lead works on the HR team to implement and operationalize improvements to key HR systems and processes that contribute to Bridgestone’s pay-for-performance philosophy. The role is responsible for providing leadership and operational support for key systems/processes while facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future HR needs that align with business goals. As a key part of the HR Service Delivery “Run” team, theCompensation, Time, and Attendance Lead is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the team supporting Time & Attendance, Bonus / Incentive calculations and Total Rewards / Recognition processes.
- Provide support for the Process Specialist Team, including researching and resolving system issues, performing scheduled activities or documenting system operations
- Accountable for execution of key compensation and pay activities (ex: hourly payroll validation/ submission, sales incentive calculation and payment, annual merit cycle)
- Prioritize system enhancements, fixes and troubleshooting with system vendors or administrators
- Maintaining a working partnership with Bridgestone tier 1 support desks to maximize issue resolution on first contact
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HR systems (including upgrades, M&A)
- Maintain HR data including integrations with SAP and other Bridgestone systems
- Coordinate with legal to ensure system calculations are in compliance with applicable laws
- Participate with HR Service Delivery process improvement teams to provide recommendations or expertise on system operations and enhancements
- Responsible for project management capability as related to HR system improvements or implementations
- Build project plans and ensure adherence to schedule and other specifications
- Facilitate coaching and training of specialists to ensure high levels of customer service
- Supervise daily operations and work of the assigned team on a day-to-day basis
- Provide leadership and focus toward continuous improvement of systems, processes and team
- BA/BS degree in HR, Business, or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- SAP or other HCM system knowledge
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Superior customer service skills
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top