Compensation Process Specialist
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Compensation Process Specialist will be an active participant in continuous improvement project on our HR Service Delivery team. This role will require effective/active listening, collaborative teamwork, and assurance to meet HR operational deadlines. An ideal candidate will be able to take a current process, document current state, design and build new process. The candidate will need to be able to manage high level projects and the ability to collaborate to work with other workstreams. The candidate will do transactional run activities that may include administering compensation plans. This position will work closely with other members of the HR Infrastructure Team, as well as members of the Shared Services, Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP’s) and other Centers of Excellence (CoE’s).
Working on the Design and build team managing projects, documenting discovery of current processes, designing and building new processes.
- Investigate customer issues, identify their source, determine solutions and/or direct them to the proper resources
- Functioning as a centralized resource, assist HR and other departments with requested information
- Prepare appropriate documentation and process necessary paperwork for supported transactions
- Creating and writing Standard Operating Procedures on new processes
- Proactively identify inefficiencies and inconsistencies within processes and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process for process owners, employees and managers
- Assist in the development of employee and manager training on systems usage and conduct both online and in-person training and assistance as needed
- Assist with various projects and/or special projects as needed
- Consistently maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information; protect the assets of the organization; perform with ethics.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field or;
- 4+ years of human resources or process/quality experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate knowledge of MS Excel.
- Manage high level projects
- Customer Service focused
- Clear process improvement focus, systematic and organized
- Strong analytical skills: able to analyze problems and devise viable solutions
- Effective at managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate HR information to non-HR personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to solve problems using standard procedures
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines based on supervisory guidance
- Ability to work with others to achieve team goals
- Working knowledge of Human Capital Management (HCM) systems a plus
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma process improvement tools and terminology a major plus
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top