Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Commodity Buyer will support our Retail function by executing daily procure-to-pay functions, contract management, and supporting the retail procurement direct part team in inventory management and purchase order execution.
Working with the appropriate business units and functional team members, the Commodity Buyer will respond to business needs quickly and with accurate data to ensure that requested information is a reliable source from which Procurement decisions can be based.
- Research issues, including invoice and delivery, between suppliers and internal customers to minimize the impact of the issue on the supplier relationship
- Maintenance of Blank Purchase Agreements and Contract Management System
- Participate in purchase order reconciliation and maintenance across multiple ERP systems
- Delivery of the highest level of support and customer service to relevant stakeholders to ensure business needs are managed in a professional and efficient manner
- Gather and assess customer/store requirements to enable timely response by Procurement team
- Assist Direct Part Buyer with order discrepancy and resolution for prompt and accurate payment to suppliers
- Support monthly reporting of category performance metrics to ensure goals are consistently and accurately communicated
- Identifies, defines and addresses problems related to the procure-to-pay process that are not immediately evident and may require cross-functional collaboriation
- Be responsible for making minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of work area
- Communicate with parties within and outside of own job function to explain facts, policies and practices related to work area
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to multitask and adapt priorities quickly
- Effective and advanced communication skills
- Able to identify key issues and effectively coordinate effort to achieve resolution cross- functionally
- People teamwork; able to build alliances with focus on customer orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products
- Working knowledge of JDA, Lawson and SAP
- Prior supply chain, operational, or procure-to-pay experience
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top