GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Generates sales available in the assigned market area. Develop and maintaining GCR Tire Centers’ image and corporate philosophy in the community.
- Contacts commercial, fleet and national accounts; traveling a designated territory, soliciting the sale of tires and other merchandise and services, quoting prices, writing orders, etc.
- Sells owners and operators on value of truck fleet and arranges for inspection of equipment.
- Prepares itinerary and determines objectives using Call & Sales Record Cards and reviews plans with Store Manager/Sales Manager, securing his approval or revising as directed.
- Makes calls with Store Manager/Sales Manager to close particular accounts, follow special prospects, determine reason for lack of sales, etc.
- Demonstrates new merchandise, showing advantages or special features of products.
- Explains credit terms available for purchases of merchandise and service by owner, operators and employees.
- Telephones customers and prospects for purchases of merchandise and for future commercial sales contacts and delivery of goods.
- Plan sales contacts, follows pervious calls, exerting sales effort necessary to meet sales quota.
- Makes equipment inspections and fleet analysis, checking air pressure, clearance, condition of tires, wheels, rims, springs, etc. in connection with commercial sales solicitation.
- Determines repairs, replacement, correction of conditions, etc.; required for efficient operation of equipment, reviews with owner or operator, and recommends appropriate actions.
- Arranges for delivery and pickup of tires and other merchandise to expedite service to commercial accounts; makes deliveries and pickups convenient to calls.
- Contacts Service Manager to keep in touch with customer activities, follow orders, retread work, adjustments, etc. for commercial accounts.
RECORDING & REPORTING
- Maintains call and sales record of prospects and customers, showing objectives, contacts, etc., utilizing for follow up and setting up for future contacts.
- Reports to Store and/or Sales Manager for messages, instructions, etc.
- Records on Fleet Inspection Forms results of analysis made, complete information concerning equipment and recommendations given to customer.
- Reviews with Store and/or Sales Manager sales contacts made, results secured, fleet inspection analysis completed, need for assistance to close sales, etc.
- Secures from new accounts required financial statement, credit information, references, etc., for credit extensions and recommends credit limits to Office Manager.
- Follows collection of past due accounts, arranging settlement and taking necessary action to keep accounts current and void bad debt losses.
- Attend store employee and other sales meetings for instruction in sales methods and policy, information on new products, etc.
- Writes tickets covering all merchandise and service sales to commercial accounts, pricing, extending and totaling.
- Keeps Store and/or Sales Manager informed relative to activities of competition and current price conditions.
- May assist with sales and service work, store inventories and miscellaneous functions within the store but is limited to not more than 20% of weekly hours worked by store non-exempt employees in performing and duties not directly related to commercial sales in any week.
Need ability to anticipate and address customer product needs on an ongoing basis.
Monitors actions of competition to ensure store remains competitive within the market.
Position requires local travel to provide customer support.
Continued education from both suppliers and sales training seminars necessary to stay abreast of changing sales methods, policy, and information on new products.
Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations,
Selection of customer base
Products offered to a particular customer
Back to top