At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on the specific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
Make, mix, and blend Gaco roof coatings and spray foam insulation products.
Essential Responsibilities of the role-
- Must be able to manufacture products in one of three major classifications: Foam, Coatings Mills or Coatings Reactors
- Works with some direction from Supervisor or Lead
- Weighs and stages ingredients with great accuracy
- Proper utilization of wash, left over bulk or non-conforming material
- Proper maintenance and cleaning of all equipment, pumps, tank scraping as required
- Ability to work with manufacturing equipment with minimal direction from Supervisor or Lead
- Backup to help package products when needed
- Proper handling of Hazardous Material
- Accurate completion of paperwork (batch tickets).
- Maintains production flow and process documentation
- Ability to follow and take direction
- Identifies and takes action for variations in raw materials, foreign debris, texture and color
- Understands all SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Works closely with QC and determines if batch needs adjusting to reach production specs
- Must be able to multitask
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Thoroughly understands and complies with all safety processes, requirements and process SOPs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- One to two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior coatings manufacturing a plus, experience in food or like environment blending or mixing highly desirable
- Must possess a high school education or equivalent and pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical; must be at least 18 years
- Must be safety oriented at all times, prior LOTO, GMP and confined space experience a plus
- Must possess strong attention to detail, positive attitude, teamwork and adaptability
- Must possess ability to accurately follow instructions, good verbal and written communication skills and be detail oriented.
- Must possess basic math skills and be able to read, write and comprehend instructions in English
- Must follow work rules, work independently, be flexible and be willing to perform a variety of jobs.
- Must possess ability to multitask
- Prior knowledge of chemicals and hazmat handling a plus
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top