Bridgestone Mileage Sales Bus Tire Service Tech
Bridgestone Mileage Sales is a Division of the Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. Bridgestone Americas, Inc., is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Required is ability to be flexible.. Must have reliable transportation. Must have valid driver license. Will work at PACE at Melrose Park, IL. CDL Class B required within 90 days of employment. (This will paid for by the company)
- Mounting, balancing, rotating, and repairing Bus Tires .
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Move Buses as needed..Class B CDL required within 90 days of employment.
- Maintain tools, equipment, in efficient operating condition, keep clean (inside & out).
- Unload and load tire and related items from truck as required
- Keep work area clean and clear of all debrie, to ensure a safe work enviroment.
- Attend meetings held by Field Manger
- Process all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures associated with performance of duties.
- Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
- Frequent bending, twisting and lifting over 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- 100+ pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Types of repairs necessary.
- Material to best complete the service work requested.
- Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.
In order to progress to Tire Technician 2 the following is required:
- TIA level 2 certification (U.S. only) within first 2 weeks of employment
- TIA level 3 certification within 2 years from date of hire
- 1-2 years applicable experience at Tire Technician 1 or in Bus Tire Service proficiency level
- Satisfactory work, safety and attendance record
Back to top