BAMG Mechanical Engineering Co-op
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all the communities it calls home.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Engineers at Bridgestone have a passion for innovation that drives our company forward. Our manufacturing teammates work hard every day to ensure the quality of our products for the safety of our customers. Our co-op program gives you the opportunity to join the world's largest tire and rubber company at the forefront of innovation and mobility. As a valued teammate, you can make a lasting impact while developing lifelong skills and competencies to elevate your future career.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the safe design, procurement, installation, debug, start-up and operation of plant equipment and projects
- Learn and utilize key manufacturing software and systems; suggesting improvements as needed
- Collaborate with fellow teammates to achieve common goals
- Other engineering specific projects as requested
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in: Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Junior to senior level standing
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university the semester prior to the co-op
- Ability to work 40 hours weekly with a minimum 6-month commitment
- Completed Computer Aided Design (CAD)/AutoCAD course work
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- People-centric focus
- Strong initiative and levels of enthusiasm
- Detail oriented
- High level of technical aptitude
Assignments located across US: Aiken, SC; Bloomington, IL; Des Moines, IA; LaVergne, TN; Nashville, TN; Warren, TN; Wilson, NC
See Inside the Office of Bridgestone Americas
BSA—and its many subsidiaries around the world—develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of tires, air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles for private and commercial customers in the automotive, agricultural, forestry, and mining industries. BSA also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Back to top