Automotive Technician / Mechanic
We Promise to Care
We understand that we offer more than just car service. We rescue people from bad days and we offer solutions for difficult situations. We are people of integrity and we believe that fundamental honesty is the keystone of our business. We are committed to doing the hard work necessary to earn the loyalty of our teammates and our customers by providing a positive experience every time. We are proud and passionate to represent the brand of Bridgestone. Every day, in every store, with every teammate and every customer….We promise to care!
Our Purpose: To be the most trusted provider of automotive care in every neighborhood we serve.
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. Our locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires and Wheel Works.
Apply today to learn more about why Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build your career!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair and balance tires
- Operate tire changer and handle air guns
- Change tires in the Service Department for customer cars as required for flow of sales mix in location, lifting tire/wheel assemblies for wheel balancing and mounting on car
- Perform lubrications and oil changes
- Unload and load 20-to-100-pound items from trucks as required and move them into warehouse storage
- Install batteries
- Sweep floors
- Drive vehicles, e.g. deliver merchandise, move customer cars,
- Interact with customers in non-sales capacity, providing exemplary customer service
- Perform vehicle inspections and other similar tasks following the Tate Boys procedures
- Maintain customer, employee and company confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Technicians
Customer Service Activities – 80%
- Perform general service work, changing tires and tubes, making tire/tube repairs, installing auto supplies and parts, shocks, muffler and exhaust systems, etc.
- Test, remove, charge, fill and install batteries, clean terminals, replace battery cables, etc.
- Keep batteries in stock and properly charged, clean and ready for sale, testing before installation
- Deliver and pick-up cars, merchandise and supplies for customers, dealer and shop
- Remove wheels on cars or trucks that are in for service work – check all cars for additional services such as mufflers, tail pipes, shock absorbers, brakes,
- Advise customer associates concerning tire and battery problems and make appropriate recommendations for solving difficulties
Miscellaneous Functions – 20%
- Sweep floors
- Clean restrooms, shop floor and warehouse areas
- Perform miscellaneous tasks in store as directed by management
- Attend meetings as required
- Minimum requirement of a HS Diploma/GED
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Customer-first attitude
- Effective reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to learn basic mechanical tasks
- Possess current driver’s license
- Can meet or exceed all goals assigned by management
Contingent upon education and experience
Full-Time: 40 hours per week Part-Time: No Benefits
If you meet the qualifications listed above, possess a “can do” attitude and have a desire to progress in your career with the automotive service industry leader who puts their mechanics / auto technicians first, please apply today!
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
- One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Back to top