Automotive Certified Smog Technician / Mechanic
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. The store locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Expert Tire, and Wheel Works. With 2,200 locations across America and over $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career. Learn more!
SIGN ON BONUS TO THOSE WHO QUALIFY
Continue learning new techniques to stay abreast in a rapidly growing automotive industry while diagnosing and repairing break, hydraulic, exhaust, electrical, suspension, alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
Job Responsibilities of Smog Technician :
- This position involves testing vehicle emissions using the latest BAR equipment.
- Must have EI and EO license.
- Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintains an organized neat and safe bay.
- 1+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem- solving and repair experience as you mentor and teach Teammates while discussing problems with customers
- You will also need strong leadership skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
- Pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, “One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Back to top