Assistant Store Manager
GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Supports the store manager while providing leadership and direction to store teammates.
- Assist in supervising store employees, scheduling duties and hours of work, instruction of new and present employees in work procedures.
- Ensure adherence to company policy and procedures and equal employment opportunity guidelines by store personnel.
- Ensures that all safe operation procedures are followed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Review computer stock ledgers for accuracy of sales, receipts, and transfers. Forward tire orders on scheduled dates and follows up on backorders. Has responsibility to keep inventories in line with cost of sales to avoid overstocks but insure store has proper stock available for sale.
- Review disbursements, comparing actual expenses with budget figures, determines and takes action necessary to keep within approved budget. Approves all petty cash payments in store managers’ absence.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of all inventories, accounting inventories, etc.
- Checks stock, equipment, service area, etc. continually observing store activities, and determining that equipment is maintained in good operating condition. Makes inspection trip through all parts of the store insuring compliance with safety policies and to insure protection of company assets, etc.
- Investigates customer complaints, making adjustments or taking appropriate action for customer satisfaction.
- Breaks down budgeted store sales into individual reporting amounts for each employee, follows progress of employees in meeting quotas through sales persons' performance reporting. Determines and takes action necessary to help them reach their objective.
- Wait on customers in store as needed.
- Assist OTR salespersons in servicing existing accounts and development of new business.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Must be computer literate.
- Written & verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Attention to safety concerns.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
- Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
- Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
- Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
Decisions to be made in Store Manager’s absence.
In order to progress to Store Manager the following is required:
- 3+ years applicable experience as Associate Store Manager
- 2+ years commercial/retail tire sales experience
- Satisfactory work, safety and attendance record
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top