Area Manager -Bellevue, WA
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. The store locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, and Wheel Works. With 2,200 locations across America and over $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career. Learn more!
We Promise to Care
We understand that we offer more than just car service. We rescue people from bad days and we offer solutions for difficult situations. We are people of integrity and we believe that fundamental honesty is the keystone of our business. We are committed to doing the hard work necessary to earn the loyalty of our teammates and our customers by providing a positive experience every time. We are proud and passionate to represent the brand of Bridgestone. Every day, in every store, with every teammate and every customer….We promise to care.
To be the most trusted provider of automotive care in every neighborhood we serve.
As an Area Manager for Bridgestone your primary mission will be to lead the overall operations and compliance of stores within your assigned region via the store managers and employees in your group. Since you pride yourself on guiding and empowering your employees to be their best, so that they deliver the best customer experience, this is an area where you will excel! And while experience managing a sizable P&L is helpful, this can be trained for the right person with the required depth in multi-unit retail operations management, such as from the hospitality, food service, the military, or automotive service industries. However, it will be your active presence in our stores and your uncanny ability to create a customer-centric culture that will make your star shine, as earning the loyalty of our customers and being actively involved in the communities we serve are of utmost importance to us. You aren't in this alone, though. Leveraging your Regional Manager, various proprietary operations management tools, and the back-office Bridgestone team, you will have the tools you need to create a stand-out operation in terms of sales growth, operating profit, and other KPIs. And, since we are on the precipice of considerable organizational change, it is your ability to leverage your strategic orientation to store management that will enable you to move onward/upward through our growing organization. This position is ideal for you -- a risk taker with the strategic vision and tactical skills needed to handle the retail operations of a dynamic industry leader in a highly competitive field.
- Oversee the performance of multiple Store Managers and their retail locations
- Support company initiatives to achieve the Vision 2020 Company strategy and to deliver a high-performance, customer-centric culture
- Monitor performance goals for each store including customer count/retention, unit sales, CFNA (credit card) applications, telephone conversions and safety
- Identify training and development opportunities for teammates
- Set business plan and manage the P&L for assigned Area
- Drive B2B business within the assigned area and train Store Managers on B2B related duties
- Ensure stores within the assigned area are following compliance and safety policies and procedures
- Manage and resolve customer escalations
- Partner with other region and Store Support Center staff as needed to lead and manage needs of the Area (Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- Closely monitor Talent Acquisition efforts, Labor Demand Forecasting and Payroll
- Visit each store regularly and attend region meetings as required by the Region Manager
Seeking a leader who can:
- Engage teammates and improve retention
- Deliver on commitments
- Has a passion for developing others
- Lead and manage stores through change
- Properly recognize teammates for their accomplishments
- Take care of our customers and support the communities we serve
- Minimum 8 years combined experience managing a single store or multi-unit retail operation
- Minimum 3-5 years oversight of a P&L for a store or area/district
- BS/BA Degree Strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years experience as a hiring manager recruiting, hiring and promoting teammates
- Automotive Industry experience preferred but not required
- Resides in assigned Area
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Must be willing to travel
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top