Abilene Production Supervisor
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere. This position is for a Production Supervisor in the Abilene Texas manufacturing location.
The Supervisor I is responsible for the leadership of the plant teams in the manufacturing environment, to include the continuous improvement of assigned plant processes/department, short-term planning/execution, achievement of plant accountabilities and key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Embrace and nurture the Bridgestone Mission, Vision, Essence and Core Values.
- Monitor and communicate results of department key performance indicators to ensure plant and organizational long-term success. Collaborate with plant leadership teams to ensure alignment with strategic intentions in an effort to ensure a safe work environment, environmental conformance/compliance, cost management, while providing superior quality products and services to continually improve customer satisfaction managed through a systematic approach.
- Lead team performance and provide feedback to hourly teammates in the major areas of accountability, to include safety, quality, environment, people, cost and productivity.
- Monitor and communicate results of department key performance indicators to ensure plant and organizational long-term success. Provide day-to-day leadership and direction for the hourly teams.
- Develop and launch leaders, utilizing the talent management system to ensure bench strength and growth within the plant.
- Provide a positive teammate relationship environment for plant teammates.
- Benchmark, monitor and implement best practices across manufacturing plants' processes and equipment, both internal and external, for continuous improvement of operational excellence in the department and the plant.
- Align and inspire teammate participation in all team related activities, to include self-directed work teams, kaizen teams, safety teams, subcore process teams, etc.
- Promote positive impacts of corporate citizenship and sustain brand image by staying informed of community and governmental activities, to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage continuous improvement activities utilizing Standards Driven Process and 5S.
- Scope of work extends to leading and/managing multiple departments and/or processes. Collaborates with other plants and corporate teams to ensure alignment to strategic intentions to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering or relevant concentration. (R)
- 1-3 years work experience. (P)
- An ideal candidate has:
- Working knowledge of systematic tools including, but not limited to SBI, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S, LDS, FTA, Kaizen, and SDP. (P)
- Manufacturing experience in production supervision, envirnmental conformance/compliance, quality, and maintenance. (P)
- >8 years manufacturing experience with at least 1 year demonstrating leadership competencies. (R)
- Enter agreement to obtain bachelor's degree by attaining a minimum of 12 hours degree applicable credits every 12 months. (R)
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top