Abilene Maintenance Technician
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere. This position is for a Maintenance Technician in the Abilene Texas Manufacturing location.
This position is responsible for the daily upkeep and maintenance of the facility's equipment as directed by their supervisor and as necessary to minimize equipment downtime.
- Maintaining equipment according to plant safety requirements.
- Working in a team environment to solve equipment and process problems.
- Repairing and replacing faulty components.
- Performing preventive and predictive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Improving technical competence through training opportunities.
- Using all training provided and referring to manuals when necessary.
- Becoming familiar with equipment in the plant and learning to run machinery for troubleshooting purposes (specific expectations outlined in certification).
- Providing timely status and reports to management and maintenance team.
- Organizes daily and assigned tasks to provide efficient use of time.
- Develops logical troubleshooting approach or thought process.
- Timely completion of assigned work orders.
- Takes action to immediately address safety issues.
- Score of 40% or better on the Maintenance Mechanic Aptitude test.
- Passes work assessment outlined for essential functions of job.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Willing to sign an agreement to pursue a Level II Certificate in the Maintenance Mechanics Program at Cisco College.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top