3D Modeling Engineer
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This position involves 3D modeling, analysis, design and layout creation in support of production and virtual tire development and mold manufacturing. This position will also support Product Design and Innovation, 3D Model printing and planned mid-term plan activities. This position includes major product development support for both Consumer and Commercial divisions and supports North America and Latin Americas to support product launch.
- Provides input into the design for new or modified systems, processes or technologies.
- May serve as technical lead, planning and organizing portions of a project.
- Uses latest tools to perform value-added modeling and engineering analyses under some supervision or review of results.
- Formulates insights/conclusions and provides recommendations to others for further action.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluating the performance of existing systems, processes and technologies and recommends modifications and enhancements to improve quality and/or efficiency.
- Troubleshoots problems on existing systems, processes and technologies, including those escalated by more junior engineers.
- May be on-call to provide support. Can resolve most issues independently.
- Documents performance specifications for new systems, processes and technologies, following established procedures.
- May assign tasks to and coordinate the activities of contractors, technicians, co-op students, and/or support staff.
Bachelors (BSME) + 5 years or Masters + 3 years
3D Modeling background
3D modeling in Pro/Engineer or CREO; 3D modeling or manufacturing of solid geometry for tooling creation
Back to top