Senior Outreach and Partnerships Associate, Leadership Accelerator
The Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator
The Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator is a new first-of-its kind "blended" program for nonprofit executive teams. Accelerator programs combine online lessons with guided team meetings to help nonprofit executives learn and apply strategic management skills. Skills that are critical to the impact nonprofits seek to achieve. Given our goals related to equity, Bridgespan believes that all nonprofits - regardless of size and geography - should be able to access knowledge and capacity-building supports that will help them reach their goals - the Accelerator was designed to do just that.
Bridgespan is currently seeking a Senior Outreach and Partnerships Associate ("Senior Associate") to support the sales and promotion of an exciting, first-of-its-kind new online offering - the Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator. As this is a new initiative, this is a critical role, so that we can get the word out to organizations that might benefit from Accelerator programs, and in particular, organizations led by leaders of color.
The Senior Associate will primarily be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and supporting the enrollment of participants ("leads") of Accelerator programs (up to 8 programs per year), leveraging both tested and proven approaches, and innovating to create exciting new approaches for the Accelerator. Ideal participants of Accelerator programs are senior executive teams of nonprofit organizations, both domestically and internationally; we have a particular goal of reaching organizations led by leaders of color. In addition, the Senior Associate will work to improve the messaging and collateral that support sales efforts. The Senior Associate will be a core member of the Leadership Accelerator team (reporting to the Outreach and Partnerships Principal) and partner with the Bridgespan marketing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter who is interested in a fast-paced, multi-faceted role, including marketing, sales, product development, and strategy. A great candidate will be passionate about impact and technology, and will be eager to get started in a fast moving career with many development opportunities.
Customer outreach / partnerships (65%):
- Be a passionate evangelist for Leadership Accelerator programs, leveraging active listening and storytelling to identify and understand prospective leads
- Seek to understand our potential participants and how we can best support them - conduct baseline research within target markets to identify key leads and critical lead information; in particular, this will include identifying organizations led by leaders of color and best understanding how Accelerator programs might help them achieve their goals
- Prospect into potential leads via medium volume cold-outreach (30-50 contacts/day), including list-building, networking, email, e-marketing, campaigns, and social outreach
- Think creatively about new ways to engage potential leads, e.g., creating networking or "testimonial" events - drive attendance to these events and others (e.g., webinars, conferences), and conduct follow up
- Leverage powerful, yet high-volume, conversations to qualify leads/contacts based upon specifically defined criteria to transition meaningful sales leads into the pipeline
- Support the Outreach and Partnerships Principal in developing strategic partnerships with funders, networks, and associations, by doing targeted research and helping to craft collaboration proposals
- Conduct critical functions associated with cultivating leads in the sales cycle (tracking leads in CRM, reporting on lead status, regular communication with leads and with sales team)
- Maintain and update lead database via CRM
- Develop, and then meet or exceed quarterly goal for number of potential targets, leads closed, and other performance data
Outreach collateral improvement (20%):
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator, and clearly articulate our advantages to decision makers and influencers at lead organizations
- Partner with Bridgespan marketing, Information Systems, and social media teams to develop ongoing strategies to engage and support prospective leads, including updating web content and other marketing collateral as needed to ensure that messaging is clear, powerful, and up-to-date
Customer feedback and product improvement (15%):
- Capture and synthesize feedback from leads and target customers
- Cycle feedback to the marketing, sales, and product teams, with suggestions for how to improve messaging, product design, and / or customer experience
- Create processes for this feedback cycle in partnership with Product Senior principal
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of work experience are required in: sales, fundraising, marketing, partnership development or other outreach role; experience in B2B sales a plus
- Understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solution sets
- Strong organizational skills; ability to create workplans and track progress
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in similar, fast-paced sales environments
- Experience with CRM systems (Microsoft CRM preferred, Marketo, Eloqua, or Hubspot a plus)
- Stellar Microsoft Office skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills - demonstrated experience in communicating with senior-level nonprofit executives
- Committed to impact in the social sector and an interest in learning about nonprofit organizations
- Able to work in a start-up environment; comfortable with ambiguity, curious, and driven
- Committed to engaging with diverse leaders and leaders of color (familiarity with and experience working in communities of color ideal)
- Enthusiasm for Bridgespan's organizational values and commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Ability to travel for up to one week once per quarter for training or sales conferences
The Bridgespan Group is committed to delivering breakthrough results for its clients and at the same time honoring work life balance for its team members. Compensation, benefits and work environment make the Bridgespan group a very attractive opportunity. Bridgespan is committed to non-discrimination and to providing equal opportunities without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran's status. Bridgespan actively partners with organizations representing minority concerns and seeks to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities it serves.
All company-sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
Back to top