Sales Development Representative, Leadership Accelerator
The Bridgespan Group is a global nonprofit organization that collaborates with mission-driven leaders, organizations, and philanthropists to break cycles of poverty and dramatically improve the quality of life for those in need. We are passionate about helping to find solutions to ensure equal opportunity and core human and civil rights. To achieve these objectives, we concentrate our efforts on four broad fields: education; children, youth, and families; public health; and global strategy development. Our services include strategy and philanthropy consulting, leadership development, and developing and sharing insights—all with the goal of scaling social impact. What we learn from collaborating closely with social sector leaders, we share broadly to advance social change. The "bridge" in Bridgespan denotes our ability to connect and learn from the business and social sectors, donors and grantees, and ideas and practice. We pursue this work with humility, rigor, and focus on impact; and with a staff that is both exceptionally talented and deeply experienced in the social sector.
The Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator
The Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator is an exciting, first-of-its kind "blended" program for nonprofit executive teams. Accelerator programs combine online lessons with guided team meetings to help nonprofit executives learn and apply strategic management skills that are critical to the impact nonprofits seek to achieve. Bridgespan believes that all nonprofits—regardless of size and geography—should be able to access knowledge and capacity-building supports that will help them reach their goals. The Accelerator was designed to do just that.
Bridgespan is currently seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to support the outreach and sales for the Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator.
The SDR will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and supporting the enrollment of participants ("leads") of Accelerator programs (up to 8 programs per year.) Ideal participants of Accelerator programs are executives of domestic and international nonprofit organizations, and this is typically a B2B sales process. The SDR will be a broader part of the Leadership Accelerator Sales and Product team and broader Bridgespan marketing team (reporting to the Product Marketing Principal). This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring salesperson who is passionate about impact, technology, or online learning to get started in a fast-moving career with great growth potential.
- Be a passionate evangelist for Leadership Accelerator programs, leveraging active listening and storytelling to identify and understand prospective leads
- Partner closely with sales and marketing to develop ongoing strategies to engage and support prospective leads
- Seek to understand our potential customers and how we can best support them—conduct baseline research within target markets to identify key leads and critical lead information
- Prospect into potential leads via high volume cold-calling (60-80 contacts/day), networking, email, e-marketing, campaigns, and social outreach
- Leverage powerful, yet high-volume, conversations to qualify leads/contacts based upon specifically defined criteria to transition meaningful sales leads into the pipeline
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Bridgespan Leadership Accelerator and clearly articulate our advantages to decision makers and influencers at lead organizations
- Conduct critical functions associated with cultivating leads in the sales cycle (tracking leads in CRM, reporting on lead status, regular communication with leads and with sales team)
- Maintain and update lead database via CRM
- Drive attendance to various events (e.g., webinars, conferences), and conduct follow up
- Develop, and then meet or exceed, quarterly goal for number of potential targets, leads closed, and other performance data
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in sales, fundraising, or other outreach role; experience in B2B sales a plus
- Ruthlessly committed to impact in the social sector
- Excited to learn about nonprofit organizations (familiarity with and experience in the nonprofit sector ideal)
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills—able to communicate with senior-level nonprofit executives
- Motivated and self-starting, but also able and excited to collaborate within a team
- Able to work in a start-up environment; comfortable with ambiguity, curious, and driven
- Able to understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solution sets
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a changing environment
- Stellar Microsoft Office skills
- Enthusiasm for Bridgespan's organizational values and commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Willing and able to travel for up to one week once per quarter for training or sales conferences
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in similar, fast-paced sales environments
- Experience with CRM systems (Microsoft CRM preferred, Marketo, Eloqua, or Hubspot a plus)
The Bridgespan Group is committed to delivering breakthrough results for its clients and at the same time honoring work-life balance for its team members. Compensation, benefits and work environment make the Bridgespan group a very attractive opportunity. Bridgespan is committed to non-discrimination and to providing equal opportunities without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran's status. Bridgespan actively partners with organizations representing minority concerns and seeks to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities it serves.
All company-sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
Back to top