The Bridgespan Group is the leading development consulting organization serving nonprofit leaders, social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and impact investors. We work on issues related to society's most important challenges and breaking cycles of intergenerational poverty. We value diversity, passion, respect, candor, and most of all having social impact and working towards societies characterized by equity and justice. If you want to work with an organization that bridges the worlds of philanthropists, social change leaders, and impact investors, then Bridgespan is the place for you.
Established in 2015, the Mumbai office of The Bridgespan Group helps to catalyse a stronger social sector with the goal of improving quality of life for the most vulnerable populations. Our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, philanthropy advisory, anchoring sector building initiatives, and developing and sharing insights through publications. We leverage The Bridgespan Group's global knowledge and best practices, gathered over 20 years in the sector, as well as our team's local expertise to build fields and accelerate social change in India and across the region.
At Bridgespan, our vision for a society characterized by equity and justice manifests as a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. This commitment increases the impact we have with our clients, strengthens our teams, and aligns with our values.
The Manager role is viewed as a senior role within the firm, as a Manager you will participate in key office decisions through the Partner Manager forum. Managers oversee the formulation and implementation of strategic recommendations to improve the performance of Bridgespan's clients. Managers build and maintain client relationships, provide leadership and supervision to case team members and assume responsibility for the analytical process by which case teams create value.
Case Team Leadership
- Identify and frame the most critical strategic and organizational issues facing Bridgespan's clients. Take lead on quickly and seamlessly adjusting framing of problems and prioritization of analysis as the team learns more
- Use team meetings to create a culture for solving problems, cultivating ideas, flagging key insights, and maintaining a connection to the ultimate goal of maximizing impact
- Develop and manage a team workplan to ensure the highest quality, data-driven analyses and client interactions, implementation-ready solutions.
- Provide operational leadership to the case team to ensure on-time execution of key deliverables, balancing the fulfillment of team goals with the professional growth and satisfaction of individuals
- Facilitate equity-based discussions, including credibility in speaking to your own equity journey, fluency with skill-building content, active awareness of the impact of your relative positionality within a group, and capacity to name emerging patterns and adjust facilitation approach in real time.
- Work with team member(s) to accomplish development goals of each team member, including checking in and reflecting together; Demonstrate flexibility in responding to different learning styles and inspire a growth mindset
Client Relationship Management
- Develop advisory relationships with clients, as well as other sector leaders, "above and beyond" the case work issues. Invest time in building and maintaining client relationships and bring personal authenticity to your interactions with clients
- Listen and coach clients as they work through issues. Guide the client on how to address problems that are the biggest barriers to achieving impact. Look beyond the current case to understand when and what type of follow-on work is vital for client to achieve their desired impact
- Make links across multiple engagements to identify common sector problems and issues; shape team's knowledge contributions; actively contribute to Bridgespan knowledge base
- Advanced perspectives on incorporating equity lens into chosen areas of expertise, enhancing client equity work
- Lead initiatives based on own interest to foster and grow TBG culture. Contribute actively to firm management activities, major events, and global collaborations
- Lead and contribute to firm-building initiatives as a member of the Bridgespan management team (e.g., recruiting).
- Lead the professional development of junior staff members. Participate in consensus reviews for non team members.
- Six years or more of consulting experience (post MBA/MPA/MPP) with at least one year as Manager, Engagement Manager, or Principal with a leading for-profit strategy consulting firm IS REQUIRED and total experience of 8+ years
- Post-graduate degree from a leading institution (MBA, MPP, PhD)
- Significant interest in the nonprofit sector.
- Proven ability to engage in strategic issues.
- Significant experience in both process and project management.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build senior level client relationships.
- Ability to effectively supervise/manage team members.
- Ability to meet deadlines, often within very tight timeframes.
At Bridgespan, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are passionate about helping our clients achieve breakthrough results. An organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and their beneficiaries will produce deeper relationships, engagement, and insights. Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran's status or other protected characteristics or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.