The Bridgespan Group collaborates with mission-driven leaders and organizations to accelerate breakthrough social impact. A nonprofit ourselves, we share our clients’ passion for building a better world. We work directly with clients to help them achieve outstanding results. We also develop tools and insights that organizations across the social sector can use to help them more powerfully pursue their missions. Rigorous thinking and analysis and deep social sector experience are hallmarks of Bridgespan’s work.
We help social sector leaders scale the impact of their organizations, build the capacity of their leadership, advance the effectiveness of their philanthropy, and accelerate their learning. We work on issues related to society’s most important challenges and breaking cycles of intergenerational poverty. Our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, philanthropy advising, and developing and sharing insights.
The Executive Assistant will perform diverse administrative duties for members of the Partner and Manager teams, including written and verbal correspondence, meeting and calendar management, coordination and arrangement of travel schedules, monthly time and expense reporting and other related duties as required. The Executive Assistant will work with other EAs in a team environment to provide the best support/coverage possible for Bridgespan’s executive staff. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a high functioning administrative team while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive, screen and route phone calls, mail, correspondence
- Act as an interface for clients and all levels of Bridgespan staff, as appropriate
- Draft, type, and proof letters, memos, documents and reports
- Maintain up-to-date paper and electronic files
Meeting and calendaring management
- Coordinate calendars and schedule meetings
- Resolve scheduling conflicts and prioritize commitments
- Confirm important external meetings
- Communicate agendas and respond to calendar changes as needed
- Track relationship development in contact management system
- Compile and submit time sheets
- Coordinate travel arrangements including air, hotel, ground transportation and meal reservations, as business needs and personal preferences dictate
- Compile and submit travel and expense reimbursement reports
- Collaborate with other EAs on phone coverage, work sharing, and general team support
- Perform other related duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience is required
- Experience in providing direct administrative support to executive levels is required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required as is the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of various teams
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation necessary
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with highly confidential information
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Interest and enthusiasm in the administrative field
The Bridgespan Group provides competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. We are committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran’s status.
Back to top