Consultant: Boston 2018 start date
Consultants work as members of case teams, developing high-impact strategies and implementation plans for our nonprofit clients. Consultants typically develop independent work plans, perform data-driven analysis and take ownership for significant portions of client work. They are often assigned to members of the client team, which facilitates the development of strong client relationships. Consultants are expected to quickly take on team and client leadership responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and manage key work modules for business planning
- Gather data in through interviews and secondary research
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues for clients
- Generate creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Facilitate joint problem-solving with mid-level and senior-level clients
- Write and deliver high-impact presentations and plans
- Work with clients to implement recommendations
- Contribute to Bridgespan's knowledge capture and dissemination
- Take on internal roles to support key office activities
The Bridgespan Group invests heavily in the training and development of each Consultant. While most of the training is on the job, Consultants attend formalized training throughout their time with the Bridgespan Group, starting with an extensive in-the-office program. This is followed by a number of different training opportunities, including continuous training offered internally within Bridgespan as well as training opportunities provided by Bain. Bridgespan is committed to helping each Consultant build the fundamentals of a successful career through thoughtful and continuous training and learning opportunities.
- MBA and at least 2 years of pre-graduate school work experience OR an MPP, MPA or other graduate degree and at least 3 years pre-graduate school professional experience are required. We will consider candidates with two years of experience in leading strategy consulting firm.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense demonstrated in either a professional or academic environment
- Strong communicator - both verbal and written
- Well-rounded inter-personal skill set with the capacity to build strong senior client relationships, work effectively in team environment, and facilitate joint problem solving with clients and team
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles within project teams and the firm
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to working in the social sector and on society's most important challenges
Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran's status or other protected characteristic or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
Please note: The Bridgespan Group does not offer visa sponsorship aside from the E3 visa for Australian citizens. We are also unable to support the OPT Training visa, as this visa will require eventual sponsorship from an employer.
The application deadline is September 24th at 11:59 p.m. ET.
PLEASE APPLY TO YOUR TOP OFFICE PREFERENCE ONLY AND INDICATE IN YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK IN ANY OTHER US OFFICE.
Interview invitations will be sent no later than October 9th. Case interview preparation materials are available on the Applicant Toolkit page of our website. We suggest you start preparing for the case interview in advance of the interview invitations.
First round interviews are scheduled for October 19th and 20th.
Final rounds are scheduled on November 10th and 13th.
Meet Some of Bridgespan's Employees
Chief Operating Officer
Mandy ensures that Bridgespan is organizationally strong and healthy, so it is able to provide nonprofit organizations with the best advice and learning possible to live up to their missions. She oversees HR, information services, and finance.
Back to top