Consultant- 9/1 application deadline
The Bridgespan Group collaborates with mission-driven leaders and organizations to accelerate breakthrough social impact. We share our clients' passion for building a better world. We work directly with clients to help them achieve outstanding results. We also develop tools and insights that organizations across the social sector can use to help them more powerfully pursue their missions. Rigorous thinking and analysis and deep social sector experience are hallmarks of Bridgespan's work.
We help leaders with social sector goals to scale the impact of their organizations, build the capacity of their leadership, advance the effectiveness of their philanthropy, and accelerate their learning. We work on issues related to society's most important challenges and breaking cycles of intergenerational poverty. Our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, philanthropy advising, and developing and sharing insights.
Consultants work as members of case teams, developing high-impact strategies and implementation plans for our nonprofit clients. Consultants typically develop independent work plans, perform data-driven analysis and take ownership for significant portions of client work. They are often assigned to members of the client team, which facilitates the development of strong client relationships. Consultants are expected to quickly take on team and client leadership responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and manage key work modules for business planning
- Gather data in through interviews and secondary research
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues for clients
- Generate creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Facilitate joint problem-solving with mid-level and senior-level clients
- Write and deliver high-impact presentations and plans
- Work with clients to implement recommendations
- Contribute to Bridgespan's knowledge capture and dissemination
- Take on internal roles to support key office activities
- A graduate degree, preferably an MBA, MPP or MPA from a Tier 1 school
- 3+ years of relevant work experience preferably including strategy consulting experience
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to working in the social sector and on society's most important challenges
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense demonstrated in either a professional or academic environment
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Well-rounded inter-personal skill set with the capacity to build strong senior client relationships, work effectively in team environment, and facilitate joint problem solving with clients and team
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles within project teams and the firm
Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran's status or other protected characteristic or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
Please attach your one page resume, combined with your cover letter in one single PDF file. A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION.
Meet Some of Bridgespan's Employees
Sridhar ensures that Bridgespan's organizations are well-advised to navigate difficult decisions. He sets up companies for success so they can successfully live up to each mission.
Back to top