The Bridgespan Group is the leading development consulting organization serving nonprofit leaders, social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and impact investors. We work on issues related to society's most important challenges and breaking cycles of intergenerational poverty. We value diversity, passion, respect, candor, and most of all having social impact and improving the human condition. If you want to work with an organization that bridges the worlds of philanthropists, social change leaders, and impact investors, then Bridgespan is the place for you.
Established in 2015, the Mumbai office of The Bridgespan Group helps to catalyse a stronger social sector with the goal of improving quality of life for the most vulnerable populations. Our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, philanthropy advisory, anchoring sector building initiatives, and developing and sharing insights through publications. We leverage The Bridgespan Group's global knowledge and best practices, gathered over 20 years in the sector, as well as our team's local expertise to build fields and accelerate social change in India and across the region.
At Bridgespan, our vision for a society characterized by equity and justice manifests as a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. This commitment increases the impact we have with our clients, strengthens our teams, and aligns with our values.
Consultants work as members of case teams, developing high-impact strategies and implementation plans for our nonprofit clients. Consultants typically develop independent work plans, perform data-driven analysis and take ownership for significant portions of client work. Consultants are expected to quickly take on client leadership responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Co-create solutions with assigned client(s). Ensure frameworks, approaches, and recommendations resonate with client, given client's context
- Take ownership over all aspects of work stream which includes framing the problem statement, building hypothesis, testing the assertions, synthesizing findings and articulating the solutions.
- Find ways to incorporate equity issues into answer through workplanning, analysis, and internal and external discussions Leading with listening, engage team and client in dialogue about how to navigate equity tradeoffs
- Model and encourage others to employ a range of inclusive culture behaviors, including demonstrating vulnerability, providing support, being a strong team player, advocating upholding team and Bridgespan norms
- Translate your analysis and insights relevant to the case and client more broadly into logical, compelling storylines
- Understand and learn to independently use all essential Bridgespan analytical tools, with ability to support others in some tools. Learn to rigorously and efficiently apply processes to check work and ensure accuracy
- Contribute to Bridgespan's knowledge capture, creation and dissemination
- A post - graduate degree (preferably MBA, MPA, MPP, PHD)
- Three years+ of relevant work experience preferably including strategy consulting experience
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to working in the social sector and on society's most important challenges
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense demonstrated in either a professional or academic environment
- Strong communicator - both verbal and written
- Well-rounded inter-personal skill set with the capacity to build strong senior client relationships, work effectively in team environment, and facilitate joint problem solving with clients and team
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles within project teams and the firm
Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran's status or other protected characteristic or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, we are only considering candidates are citizens of India or candidates who have OCI or PIO status.
Note that a cover letter is a required part of your application. Please submit your resume AND cover letter in one combine PDF file.
Case interview preparation materials are available on the Applicant Toolkit page of our website. We suggest you start preparing for the case interview in advance of the interview invitations