Vice Principal: High School Visual and Performing Arts, CTE
- Newark, NJ
The BRICK Education Network’s (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK Education Network, please visit http://www.brickeducation.org
BRICK currently has schools in Newark, the South Bronx, and Buffalo.
To learn more about Marion P. Thomas Charter School in Newark visit mptcs.org
Marion P. Thomas Charter School (MPTCS) is the largest independently-operated free public charter school in Newark, NJ. MPTCS was established in 1999 by a group of individuals who were born and raised in Newark and wanted to provide the best possible educational experience for the next generation of Newarkers. The school is one of the only minority-led charter schools in Newark, reflecting both its student population and the community it serves. Since 1999, MPTCS l has grown from four classrooms to four campuses and now serves 1,500 students from pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade.
Role: The BRICK Education Network seeks to hire an instructional leader that is a visionary and is relentlessly looking for new ways to improve. The ideal candidate needs to be able to set high expectations, provide continuous feedback to their staff, create a culture of achievement, invest in the development of their staff and find effective solutions to problems that arise. The leader’s actions must always be aligned with our mission and core values. The ideal candidate also needs to possess a genuine love and concern for the success of their staff and students.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attends/participates in grade level meetings
- Support implementation of the school’s curriculum and educational model
- Develop deep mastery of the subjects and grades in which the school leader oversees and coaches
- Teach teachers on how to asses for students’ mastery and growth
- Develop teacher’s knowledge and implementation of BRICK’s best practices and instructional methods
- Lead regular data analysis meetings that will help teachers analyze data and create reteach plans
- Provide high quality instructional coaching with observations, bite size feedback and accountability
- Lead professional development sessions using the highest leverage adult learning practices
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of school programs.
- Create and maintain a positive school culture that aligns to the BRICK core values
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of Teaching Experience
- New Jersey Principal Certificate or a Letter of Eligibility for Principal is required for Principal or Vice Principal role.
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
- Salary Range: Competitive compensation package
- Full time
- Employment Period: 12 Months
- Retirement and Health Benefits are included with full time employment
Back to top