- Newark, NJ
The BRICK Education Network (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Joining the BRICK Education Network is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BEN’s unique approach to transforming public education puts successful students and world-class schools at the center of vibrant communities. Powered by diverse leaders and a commitment to fighting the status quo, BRICK is building resilient, intelligent, creative kids by equipping them with a high-quality, nurturing education and thriving, engaged families to support their success from cradle to career.
Role: The school Nurse is to provide physical, emotional, mental and social services to scholars and staff. The school nurse with collaborate with the school social worker, teachers, child study team and the operations team. The school nurse will work with the operations team to ensure that the school is in compliance with all health regulations and policies. The ideal school nurse will be certified in the state of New Jersey. If a candidate is not certified, he/she must be a registered nurse (RN) and be willing to enter the process to get certified immediately.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of a complete up to date student health record. Such records include, but are not limited to immunization data, T.B. testing, screenings, referrals, follow-up required and specific medical condition
- Administer medication to students in accordance with law, Policy, and Regulation 5330
- Follow protocols that provide for crisis intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Manages student health records; Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers and counselors
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
- Maintains and requests orders for equipment/supplies for nurse’s office and first aid station
- Periodically participating in events outside of normal school hours such as family nights, student performances and teacher–parent conferences.
- A current New Jersey registered professional nurse license (RN) issued by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing is required; school based nurse certification is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- A current Providers Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification
- Complete training in airway management and in the use of nebulizers and inhalers consistent with nationally recognized standards, including, but not limited to, those of the National Institutes of Health and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- A Department-approved college curriculum for the preparation of school nurses or a program of studies (minimum of 15 semester-hour credits)
- Able to collaborate with different stake holders
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
- Salary Range: Competitive compensation package
- Full time
- Employment Period: 11 month, contract to be renewed based on performance
- Fringe Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Back to top