- Newark, NJ
The BRICK Education Network (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://brickeducation.org/
Joining the BRICK Education Network is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BEN’s unique approach to transforming public education puts successful students and world-class schools at the center of vibrant communities. Powered by diverse leaders and a commitment to fighting the status quo, BRICK is building resilient, intelligent, creative kids by equipping them with a high-quality, nurturing education and thriving, engaged families to support their success from cradle to career.
Role: This Custodian role is a school position in which the custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of a school building. This includes, but is not limited to, daily cleaning, furniture assembly . The candidate we’re looking for is focused on building upkeep and is detail oriented. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to identify issues and come up with quick solutions.
Success is measured on scores collected from scores on regular walk through assessments and observations.
- The custodian will be responsible for providing custodial and maintenance support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily cleaning of all shared spaces and property in accordance to BENs standards
- Respond to any student accidents, spills, and urgent needs
- Perform cleaning functions such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash cans, sanitizing bathrooms and cleaning desktops
- Assist teachers and administrators with any request such as moving furniture, replacing light bulbs, and helping with deliveries
- Replenish classroom and bathroom supplies as needed
- Ability to assemble any furniture that is ordered by the School Operations Manager
- Routinely inspects building to ensure that everything is in working condition
- Must be able to arrange equipment or furniture for events or meetings
- Routine walkthroughs throughout the school day
- Candidate must be able to take and implement feedback
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with students, teachers and families
- Ability to lift, bend, and pull more up to 50 pounds
- 1 or 2 years of experience in work that involves cleaning, assembling furniture, maintenance of the grounds inside and outside of the building and minor repairs (Preferred)
- Experience working in a school environment (Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
- Full time: 12-month contract to be renewed based on performance
- Vision Benefits
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Back to top