Long Term Substitute Teacher (Special Education)
- Newark, NJ
The BRICK Education Network’s (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK Education Network, please visit http://www.brickeducation.org
Joining the BRICK Education Network is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BEN’s unique approach to transforming public education puts successful students and world-class schools at the center of vibrant communities. Powered by diverse leaders and a commitment to fighting the status quo, the BRICK Education Network is building resilient, intelligent, creative kids by equipping them with a high-quality, nurturing education and thriving, engaged families to support their success from cradle to career.
Role: The BRICK Education Network (BEN) seeks to a long-term substitute teacher. The long-term substitute teacher is responsible for providing classroom coverage and instruction for an extended period of time in the absence of a teacher. He/She is to ensure the students receive the required instruction according to the BEN curriculum, maintain student records regarding grades and attendance, and consult with school administrators on their responsibilities.
- Execute the network created unit and lesson plans to accelerate student learning
- Build a classroom community by investing in students/families and the iDream values (Innovation, Diligence, Respect, Empathy, A+ Self Control & Model Student)
- Create a positive, safe and collaborative classroom environment for students
- Attend all department, grade and staff meeting, including regular data analysis meetings
- Collaborate with coaches and peers to share best practices
- Participate in weekly and biweekly meetings with coach and implement next steps urgently
- Exemplify the BRICK core values (Faithful Commitment, Relentlessness, Compassion, Savvy Ambition, Restless Improvement and Accountability)
- Utilize data from interim assessments and exit tickets to drive instruction
- Remain empathetic to students’ previous experiences when observing and responding to their behavior
- Demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- Support all student learning styles
- Teach and enforce the school-wide systems and structures
- An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students;
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them;
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills;
- A valid New Jersey Substitute Teacher Certificate
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT PERIOD
- Salary Range: Daily Rate
- Full time
- Employment Period: 10 months
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Back to top