Independent Learning Time Leader (3rd-4th Grade)
- Newark, NJ
The BRICK Education Network (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.brickeducation.org
Joining the BRICK Education Network is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BEN’s unique approach to transforming public education puts successful students and world-class schools at the center of vibrant communities. Powered by diverse leaders and a commitment to fighting the status quo, BRICK is building resilient, intelligent, creative kids by equipping them with a high-quality, nurturing education and thriving, engaged families to support their success from cradle to career.
Role: The role of Independent Learning Time Leader (ILTL) serves as independent learning time lead for multiple grade levels of students. The ILTL goes into classrooms, and leads a 45-minute period of independent learning time. All scholars have an ILT plan and during ILT they are working on that plan. This can include, but is not limited to, working on project based learning to enrich the scholar’s academic learning; small group or one on one instruction on targeted skills that are preventing the scholar from mastering grade level content; and/or independent work time on blended learning platforms.
The role is ideal for a veteran teacher that is looking to broaden their impact over multiple classrooms, multiple grade levels of students, and supporting colleagues with differentiation and individualized instruction.
Success in this role is measured by at least 75% of scholars meeting their ILT goal for the year.
- Co-manage the ILT budget for the school campus; each campus has 3 ILTLs at full scale
- Work with all grade level teachers to develop and implement individualized instruction plans for all students in the respective grade levels
- Work with network leadership to support and occasionally lead professional development on network wide PD Fridays
- Develop the ILTL model and program for the network. This will include working with network staff and other ILTLs to develop processes, protocols, and foundational documents
- Must be able to demonstrate strong previous impact on dramatically raising student achievement for all scholars
- At least 4 years of full time teaching experience is required
- NJ State teacher certification is required
- Principal certification is preferred, Supervisor certification is required
Salary, Goals, & Employment Period
- Salary Range: Based Upon Experience / Performance Contract
- Employment Period: Twelve Months
- Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, pension
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Back to top