- Newark, NJ
The BRICK Education Network (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Joining the BRICK Education Network is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BEN’s unique approach to transforming public education puts successful students and world class schools at the center of vibrant communities. Powered by diverse leaders and a commitment to fighting the status quo, BRICK is building resilient, intelligent, creative kids by equipping them with a high-quality, nurturing education and thriving, engaged families to support their success from cradle to career.
Role: The Database Systems Administrator is responsible for ensuring the integrity of data systems and makes the data accessible, and easy to understand so it may be used to support teaching and learning, program evaluation, teacher effectiveness, and support for the network.
The ideal candidate is:
Collaborative: BRICK thrives on cross functional collaboration in order to meet outcomes. An individual must be able to meet the data system needs of multiple stakeholders
Attentive to Detail: Data systems are the leading information source for organizational effectiveness and expansion. An individual must be obsessed with accurate systems and data entry
Success in this role will be measured by seamless implementation of new network data systems, seamless accessibility of data systems through effective setup and maintenance, including end user support.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively managing school and network data information systems Supporting school - level users, and network leadership, and working with them to build out the system in a way that meets the needs of stakeholders. Overseeing the data demands of internally-managed assessmentsAssist with implementing a systems evaluation acquisition protocol for all future system integrations to ensure scalability
- Monitor data integrity, verifying information regarding data quality, completeness of data, adherence to set data schemas; identifying and correcting data integrity issues that do not comply with schemas or school regulations; responds to data requests from administrators and school district staff;Support operations through reporting and process development
- Assist with design and delivery of system training to increase appropriate usage and fluency in network information systems to maintain system integrity. Including but not limited to:
- Handling state / federal / other mandated reporting: This position will be responsible for developing familiarity with state - and federal- level reporting, maintaining processes to prepare for this submission, and supporting operations with submissions themselves
- Test rostering: This position will work with school ops to handle rostering for standardized tests and some internal testing
- Enrollment:This position will work with school operations to monitor processes around enrollment and data input
Systems Implementation & Maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years experience with data systems in a K-12 education setting
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following: , PowerSchool, Illuminate & NWEA
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Education, or related field of study
- Mastery in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Able to manage multiple data information systems with strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks against urgent deadlines
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment
- Able to work successfully with colleagues, including school-based personnel, community members, and external customers
- Able to communicate effectively both in written and oral communication
- Able to work well independently and within a team
SALARY, GOALS AND EMPLOYMENT PERIOD
- Salary Range: Based Upon Experience / Performance Contract
- Employment Period: Twelve Months
- Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
Back to top