CST- LEARNING DISABILITIES TEACHER CONSULTANT
- Newark, NJ
The BRICK Education Network’s (BEN) mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an individualized excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK Education Network, please visit http://www.brickeducation.org
BRICK currently has schools in Newark, the South Bronx, and Buffalo.
To learn more about Marion P. Thomas Charter School in Newark visit mptcs.org
Joining the BRICK Education Network is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BEN’s unique approach to transforming public education puts successful students and world-class schools at the center of vibrant communities. Powered by diverse leaders and a commitment to fighting the status quo, the BRICK Education Network is building resilient, intelligent, creative kids by equipping them with a high-quality, nurturing education and thriving, engaged families to support their success from cradle to career.
Marion P. Thomas Charter School (MPTCS) is the largest independently-operated free public charter school in Newark, NJ. MPTCS was established in 1999 by a group of individuals who were born and raised in Newark and wanted to provide the best possible educational experience for the next generation of Newarkers. The school is one of the only minority-led charter schools in Newark, reflecting both its student population and the community it serves. Since 1999, MPTCS l has grown from four classrooms to four campuses and now serves 1,500 students from pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade.
Role: Child Study Team-Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant (CST-LDTC) is assigned to a BRICK Education Network school site. He/she works with the network in an integral role within the Child Study Team and as a member of the BRICK Road to Success (BRtS) Intervention Program. The CST-LDTC plans strategies and supports the special education programming, has an understanding of the student in terms of intellectual functioning and personality dynamics, and contributes to the promotion of positive educational practices which affect the students in school, family and community, with the goal in mind to allow the student to derive full benefit from the district’s educational program.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree
- Must hold a valid New Jersey educational services certificate for Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant; Certificate-Endorsement Code: 3300
- To be a part of the Special Services Child Study Team in evaluating, classifying and recommending programs for pupils.
- To consult with other district personnel, e.g., principals, social workers, school psychologist, counselors, teachers and related services personnel regarding pupil’s behaviors and needs.
- To serve as a contact person, case manager, on the child study team when appropriate or appointed.
- To administer educational and perceptual testing to all referrals and as recommended for an evaluation plan in reevaluations.
- To assist in identifying and providing consultation and educational programs for classified and non-classified pupils.
- To participate in the development of the evaluation plan with child study team.
- To consult with parents on site and in their homes concerning pre-referral intervention, special class placement, referral to outside agencies and program development for pupil.
- To consult with school/network personnel on pupil needs when requested or appropriate and to assist in development of classroom intervention.
- To ensure that all records in the case folder are in order and completed within the mandated time frame, reviewing and updating at regular intervals.
- To participate in the development of IEP’s for all assigned pupils.
- To perform all duties related to child study team function as assigned by Supervisor/Director.
- Salary Range: Based Upon Experience
BRICK Education Network is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Back to top