Why join us?
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place - disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, dream big.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology and collaborate across multiple teams.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, and are eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
Technical program managers play a critical role in maintaining high-quality and timely execution across Brex’s Engineering, Data, Security, and IT teams. As Data TPM, you’ll help shape effective data operations at Brex. Data is integral to everything we do at Brex; operating cross-functionally and effectively delivering to different verticals is essential. As a Data TPM, you will be responsible for shaping the operating strategy and implementing related processes across data in collaboration with our stakeholders.
- Enable a high-functioning data team, and evolve the processes we use through introspection, ideation, and execution.
- Build robust cross-functional partnerships with stakeholders enabling data to service them efficiently.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, dependencies, and status to all levels in the company through a well-defined communication strategy.
- Build business domain knowledge to help product verticals to leverage data and be a pivotal partner in delivering critical business insights, building data-driven products as a cohesive, holistic unit.
- Inspire a collaborative culture and uphold Brex’s values alongside high data and engineering standards to bring consistency to our delivery of data-driven insights, infrastructure, and products.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders distributed across product, engineering, finance, and customer operations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. With sufficient technical capability to effectively communicate with data analysts, scientists, and engineers to identify technical risks.
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and experience managing activities across multiple teams.
- Proficient in project management tools such as Jira, Coda, etc.
- Prior experience managing high-potential employees in a highly technical environment.