Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be working across the entire Brex stack, creating and maintaining new products, features, and building tools to help scale Brex. You will have the opportunity to learn and push the frontier of providing the best financial software experience to help companies grow. You’ll be encouraged to be metric and data-driven and to think creatively to help Brex scale and get prepared for the new markets we are about to enter. We’re looking for folks with not only an interest in building products and tools but also interested in leading multi-functional projects with lots of moving pieces. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive direct business impact and shape our long-term technical vision with a high quality bar.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features and products.
- Work side-by-side with user facing teams (Sales, Support) to best understand the needs of our customers.
- Design and implement experiments to improve our customer’s experiences.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Experience architecting, developing, and testing client-side code end to end
- Experience developing software for the Web platform, including cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Apollo, Vue.Js, Flux & Webpack
- Uphold our high engineering standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience collaborating with specialist in product, design, and operations
- Experience with developing in React Native for mobile
- Basic experience with design tools
- Great writing skills
- Proactive approach