Software Engineer, Developer Productivity (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, dream big.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
The developer productivity team provides a streamlined, easy-to-use, and secure development experience that enables the engineering team at Brex to do the best work of their careers. We own our full pipeline, from committing code to shipping new features. We are looking for engineers who are excited about serving other engineers, and who will constantly challenge us to raise the bar on the experiences we deliver.
- Scope, design and build tools for internal users to increase their efficiency.
- Identify and automate repetitive tasks that slow down developers
- Gather requirements from across the engineering org for new tools, and then evaluate and recommend solutions based on those requirements
- Champion and document best practices, accepted solutions, and development and production support runbooks
- Leverage design and architectural knowledge to scale and improve performance in constrained environments in accordance with our SLOs
- Experience working with backend programming languages. We don’t expect you to know everything about every language, but we do expect you to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Curiosity about and passion for improving the developer experience for all disciplines
- Strong writing skills
- Customer-focused decision making approach
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience building and maintaining a deploy pipeline and CI/CD
- Experience with build systems, particularly Bazel
- Experience managing services hosted on cloud infrastructure
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.
Back to top