Senior Visual Designer
- New York, NY
Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible products across the board.
As a visual designer you’ll use a full range of your design skills to build delightful user experiences. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. The ideal designer for our team should have experience building beautiful web experiences. Based in San Francisco and New York, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional design, a keen eye to detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. This role will be reporting into our Design org.
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the Design team on our web products, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Work cross-functionally on brex.com to project Brex’s brand and increase conversion and engagement numbers.
- Think in terms of design systems, contribute and evolve this system and make rational design decisions based on data, user research and intuition.
- Work very closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation and user experience.
- Clearly communicate and present concepts to the leadership team.
- Collaborate with product team and studios to create and maintain the style guide.
What We Value:
- 5+ years of experience.
- A strong working understanding of digital UX principles and visual craft.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience building responsive design experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging website designs and layouts.
- Ability to apply design across multiple platforms and mediums.
- An online portfolio displaying a strong understanding of design principles.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- Self-motivated and able to balance excellent design production with tight deadlines.
- Ambition and a desire to constantly learn and develop.
Design at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other designs in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Back to top