Product Design Manager
Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a product designer you’ll use a full range of your design skills from user research, interaction design, and visual design to build delightful user experiences. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. The ideal designer for our team should have experience building beautiful, user-facing products in either consumer or design-driven enterprise verticals. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
- Lead a team to arrive at solutions that continuously improve our products
- Work closely with the product, engineering and research teams on product strategy and feature sets
- Uphold and inspire a high level of design execution throughout the team
- Be instrumental in the development of our next strategic step forward for our products
What We Value:
- 7+ years in Product Design, 2+ years managing a team
- Background in developing complex B2B and/or consumer products, ideally on both web and mobile
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers and researchers
- A leader who communicates what is needed for a decision to be made and moves the whole team forward and to alignment
- Ability to inspire, mentor and help your team grow and do their best work (energize, unblock, and give clear direction)
- Ability to define priorities and set goals, and articulate vision and strategy
Design at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other designs in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Back to top