- San Francisco, CA
Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
As a Design Engineer, you’ll work across both Design and Engineering to build delightful experiences for Brex’s digital properties through a design system encompassing interactions, animations, and high fidelity components.
- Co-own the website’s design system with the Design team, ensuring consistency and alignment with our brand.
- Provide the right tooling and testing to bridge teamwork between Design and Engineering, ensuring developers stay within established design standards.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
What we value:
- Have an interest in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Typescript and CSS-in-JS.
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience.
- Strong passion for performance and accessibility as well as smooth user flows and micro-interactions.
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- Care about the small details and are excited to keep pushing the work until it is pixel-perfect and all details are attended to and resolved.
- Are relentlessly customer-focused.
- Excel at both written and spoken communication.
- Do your best work in a highly collaborative way.
Design at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other designs in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Meet Some of Brex's Employees
Carmen C.VP of People Strategy
Carmen joined as Brex's first Chief of Staff, and now works to define people strategy for the company. Her focus is on building an integrated employee experience and workforce strategy in service of Brex's long-term vision.
Back to top