Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Data at Brex
The Data organization develops infrastructure, statistical models, and products using financial data. Our Scientists and Engineers work together to make data—and insights derived from data—a core asset across the company. Our work is ingrained in Brex’s decision-making process, in the efficiency of our operations, in our risk management policies, and in the second-to-none experience we provide our consumers.
What you’ll do
Our data scientists are responsible for the entire model development lifecycle: conception with stakeholders, iterative exploration and development, deployment into production, and partnership with stakeholders to make product or strategic decisions. We work with our partner tech, operations, and fraud teams to build systems that mitigate fraud across all of Brex’s products.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and software engineering to build scalable and robust real-time ML models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to unravel complex problems by clearly formulating the problem statement, understanding technical requirements, and presenting findings at all levels.
- Build internal tools or products to enable direct user interaction with the data sets and build ML systems with human-in-the-loop components.
- Design, execute, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments across our products.
- Work with business stakeholders and engineers to reconcile crucial data integrity issues.
- Maintain a strong data-driven culture within the company by interacting with diverse internal functions.
- 3+ years in a Data Science / ML Engineering / AI Research role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including interaction with different business functions
- Experience contributing code to mission-critical systems and a strong proficiency in computer science fundamentals: data structure / algorithm, design patterns, and testing principles
- Experience working with high-throughput real-time systems.
- Experience with fraud models or domain knowledge in financial services.
- Experience contributing to and working with machine learning platforms (homegrown or third party) for building data pipelines
- Experience working on top of streaming systems for processing massive datasets.
- Familiarity with streaming technology such as Kafka, Spark, Flink