Compensation Manager (Remote)
- United States
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
People at Brex
The People team keeps our company and culture growing. We’re curious, optimistic, and pragmatic—and work with our colleagues all across Brex to solve organizational challenges. We focus on bringing talented new individuals to the company and providing the tools and resources to empower individual and team success. Above all, we help build an authentic, inclusive environment where our team members can grow and make an impact.
What you’ll do
You will serve as a founding member of the Compensation team, working with Brex leadership to run and build a world-class compensation program. You will oversee the entire compensation process, from administering market analysis, to pricing new roles and overseeing important outcomes such as pay parity and competitive pay.
- Manage Compensation programs, such as participating in benchmarking and surveys, to calibrate and maintain Brex’s market positioning
- Oversee biannual merit cycle to ensure pay parity and competitive compensation across teams and geographies
- Promote the understanding of compensation philosophies, practices and administration across all levels of the organization, including the executive team.
- Lead initiatives that work towards the refining and evolving Brex’s compensation model as it approaches maturity and scale
- Measure and track key compensation and hiring-related leading indicators to help inform, influence, support, and execute business decisions
- Partner with business leaders to refine new or evolving roles and their corresponding incentive models
- Produce ad hoc analyses with quick turnarounds based on business and/or Compensation Committee (or Board of Director) needs
- Aide in the completion of regulatory compliance reports
- 5+ years of work experience in Compensation administration;
- Exceptional attention to detail, prioritization and time management skills in handling multiple priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent Excel or Google Sheets skills. SQL knowledge a plus
- Presentation skills
- Project management experience
- Prior startup experience
Back to top