Associate General Counsel, Platform Risk & Litigation (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal and Compliance at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibility, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, this role is responsible for managing key legal risk areas across the company.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the Company’s Risk Governance Committee and risk governance framework; partner with Product, Compliance, Product Legal, Finance, Risk and others to ensure key risks are addressed
- Manage litigation, dispute escalations, and law enforcement inquiries and third-party data requests
- Build and maintain privacy and data security program to comply with state and international requirements
- Build and manage IP program including trademark filings, invention capture, and patent portfolio management
- Support policy and government affairs function
- Oversee employment counseling function, with outside counsel assistance as necessary
- 10+ years of legal working experience in a combination of law firms and technology or traditional financial services companies, experience in startups is a plus
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and closely manage outside counsel
- Creative disposition and a problem-solving approach to lawyering that draws on experience and your intuition coupled with validation of assumptions and the law
- Management experience required and the ability to build a world-class team
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to turn work around very quickly
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction
Back to top