Staff Software Engineer
Bread has a small, talented and driven engineering team. We have difficult problems to solve up and down the stack, from providing a seamless user experience that works on hundreds of merchants' websites in the most critical part of their flow, to making real time credit decisions to scaling to support millions of dollars in transactions per day in a system that is being used around the clock.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our team. This engineer will be a direct partner to the Senior Director of Engineering and CTO and will guide the technical approach and strategy of Bread's engineering team.
Things you'll do:
- Mentor and be a resource for every member of the team
- Write code
- Review and curate all aspects of our technical architecture and approach, from the code base to the database, to infrastructure, to our development process
- Be involved in all significant technical decisions
- Develop a strategy for scaling Bread's platform to support billions of dollars in transactions
- Write tools and introduce approaches and frameworks that will ensure the team continues to get faster over time
- Something to offer every member of the team and a passion for sharing and collaboration. You're happiest when you're in front of a whiteboard working out a problem with your colleagues.
- Expertise building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Expert knowledge of server-side languages and data stores (our system is built with Go and PostgreSQL, but we’re also happy to speak with those that have strong backend experience with other languages, including JVM languages like Java or Scala; Python; or C++)
- Experience with cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for the craft of engineering
Back to top