Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Merchant team. You’ll be helping to build out and improve our B2B suite of solutions, with the goal of empowering our merchant and partner customers to understand, manage, and optimize their end-to-end experience with Bread. We have an ambitious agenda set out for the next year, and product development is key to enabling our business, process, and customers to scale. We’re looking for individuals who are results-oriented problem solvers to build innovative products and features that will help us achieve our mission of transforming consumer finance.
Your role at Bread:
- Partner cross-functionally with engineering and design to build and deliver features that will enable both Bread and our business customers to scale
- Develop a deep understanding of our current and future merchant customers—their business needs, their day-to-day activities, and their workflows—to understand how to evolve existing features and explore new ideas that deliver customer value
- Translate broad Merchant team objectives into a roadmap, tactical goals, priorities, and OKRs for your cross-functional product team
- Build deep relationships with internal stakeholders, including Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, and Merchant Success, to inform product opportunities and drive internal alignment
- Collaborate with internal partners on go-to-market preparation and activities, including problem discovery, documentation, training, release notes, sales collateral, messaging and communication, and merchant adoption
- Mature our process for regularly consolidating data and customer inputs in order to track impact and build a deep understanding of customer needs
What we are looking for:
- 1-3 years of product management experience (experience working in B2B is a plus but is not necessary)
- An empathetic, clear communicator with experience building relationships and alignment both internally and externally
- Demonstrated success in working closely with engineering and design partners to bring products and features to market
- Efficient prioritization and organization skills—able to flexibly manage scope and priorities in order to deliver the most customer value within key deadlines
- A self-starter who can balance independent exploration with responsiveness to new data, customer feedback, stakeholder input, and managerial coaching
- A curious, evidence-driven product manager always on the lookout for new qualitative and quantitative learnings